Friday 10 June 2016

Technology and Memories

 We live in an extremely dynamic world wherein the defining parameters continuously get modulated. We indulge ourselves in adapting to the changes in our stimuli, living through the crests and troughs of life, working for our dreams and making them reality. Amidst all, time flows by gradually and spectacularly, leaving behind shades of memories in small packets. Owing to our continuous bout for survival we hardly get time to look back and contemplate over these defining moments of our lives. Technology, I believe is our greatest saviour in this case. It is the biggest achievement of present century which mankind has rewarded itself with. Available in various forms, it helps us keep check of our lives in peculiar ways. It not only can help us toward our future but also can tell where we used to be and what all we have lived through.
 I had my epiphany few days back when the homepage of my Facebook account displayed a particular picture. A single look at it and all that had settled at some corner of my memory palace started flashing on the front lobe of my cerebrum.  It was a picture from my college days, depicting the birthday celebration of Bhrata Bheem. That photograph first took me back to the moment it was clicked and then to the person who was at the centre of celebrations. Then one thing led to another and I was reliving my version of "the life and death of Bhrata Bheem."
This name was first coined by one of our mutual friend, keeping in mind his large overweighed personality, my comparably slim personality, my craving for logic and reasons, and our great camaraderie.  He was a guy who lived on his own terms, no matter what was at stake, and carried no malice toward others.  Simplicity and jovialness were two qualities that he commanded through his personality. He showcased that it is perfectly normal to have shortcomings and lacunas and you can always get over them through your attitude and demeanour. His sheer trust and impeccable belief on my decisions always motivated me towards doing the right thing. He always said- "Bhai Tum ghabra mat! Kuch bhi ho hum hai tere sath". Ironically, lying on his death bed, those were the last words he uttered to me. The death was unnatural and the grief was unbearable. Something in the name of Aplastic Anaemia took him away and left me bereaved.
It has been 6 months to his demise and things have started getting back in place. Life has settled in and time, up till some extent, has taken care of everything. I got occupied with my responsibilities, ambitions and became oblivious to the past. Thanks to these tiny little technological features that we keep around ourselves. They make us pause our life for some time and allow us to sit and throw a look back into our lives. They help us find time and remember our loved ones, re-live the cherished moments shared with them and tell them how much we miss them.  


P.S:-
Dear Brother,
The moment I saw this picture, I thought of your smiling face. I remember it was the same when you were there on your death bed and asking me not to worry, or when we clicked formal photographs right before our campus placement process, or when you ordered Mughlai Parantha from Bengali Thela, or when you posed during the A4 section Batch Party, or when I first donated you my blood, or when someone voluptuous walked in our department, or when I got placed, or whenever you said-Bhai mere liye apne baju me seat rakhna, or when you created better notes than Moti, or when you teased me for some girl, or specially when you told me that you will always be there for me.
There is so much that we have shared and lived through that it eludes the ambit of words and sentences I can articulate. All I can muster is that it had been an honour to share few moments of your lifetime and regret not to be part of all the others and that you have always been there for me and you will continue to live in my memories and of the rest whose life you have touched.
Yours
Bhrata Arjun


No comments:

Post a Comment